业精于勤,荒于嬉
全部博文(763)
分类:
2008-05-03 12:33:55
8000-04恋爱和结婚
●喜欢、爱上……
汤姆是个美男子。
Tom is a lady-killer. *lady-killer直译是“少女杀手”,其实不是杀手,而是指一下子就能迷住女人的男子。
Tom dates around a lot. (汤姆和好多女人来往。)
Tom is a real playboy. (汤姆真是个花花公子。)
汤姆真让我神魂颠倒。
Tom really turns me on. *turn...on“有性方面的吸引力”、“使人着迷”。
Tom really turns me on. (汤姆真让我神魂颠倒。)
I didn't know you felt that way. (我一点儿都不知道你的感觉。)
I'm crazy about Tom.
I have strong feelings for Tom.
I love Tom.
I have the hots for Tom. *俚语。
克里斯长得真帅。
Chris is really a heartbreaker. *用heartbreaker表示“长得很帅,对异性有吸引力的人”。进一步讲,“heartbreaker”是指给异性带来撕心裂肺的痛苦和失望的人,魅惑他人,让人沉醉的人。Elvis Presley (爱尔维斯·普里斯利)有一首成名曲“Heartbreak Hotel”,指的就是“(因恋爱而)绝望的人住的饭店”。
Chris breaks a lot of hearts. (克里斯使很多女人尝到了失恋的痛苦。)
Chris dates a lot of women. (克里斯和许多女人有来往。)
珍妮特真迷人。
Janet is a knockout. *如同拳击中的“knock out”一样,表示极具魅力、使对方晕头转向的人,多指女性。
Janet is a knockout. (珍妮特真迷人呀。)
You can say that again! (颇有同感。)
Janet is sexy.
Janet is beautiful.
他好像看上你了。
I think he has a crush on you. *have a crush on...“看上……”。
I think he has a crush on you. (他好像看上你了。)
Give me a break. (别随便瞎说。)
I think he is infatuated with you. * be infatuated with...“被……迷住,为……神魂颠倒”。
I think he likes you.
简好像喜欢上我了。
Jane seems to like me. *seem“好像,看上去像……”。
I've got the feeling that Jane likes me.
I think Jane likes me.
I have a hunch (that) Jane likes me.
戴安娜对杰克有意思。
Diana's been coming on to Jack.
我不敢打像她那样的姑娘的主意。
I can't handle a girl like her. * handle 表示“对待,对待(人)”。
She's too much for me.
我非常想见到她。
I'm dying to see her. *dying to“忍耐不住地想做某事”。
我想追求她。
I'm trying to make a pass at her. *make a pass at...“(特别是对女性)挑逗,求爱”。
I'm trying to make a pass at her. (我想追求她。)
I don't blame you. ([她对你来说很有魅力,]我理解你的心情。)
I'm trying to pick her up. (我打算把她弄到手。) *pick up 是口语“把异性弄到手”、“勾搭女人”、“追女人”的意思。
I'm trying to get a date with her. (我打算和她约会。) *get a date with...“和……约会”、“约会”。
你也太狠心了。
You broke my heart. *break...heart在恋爱中“使……十分痛苦”,用于甩掉自己的人。
You broke my heart. (你也太狠心了。)
I didn't mean to... (我不是那个意思……)
●约会
今晚有空吗?
Are you free tonight? *free“空闲的”。
Are you free tonight? (今晚有空吗?)
Yes. Why? (有空,干嘛?)
Do you have plans tonight? (今天晚上有事吗?)
Are you available tonight?
Are you busy tonight? (今天晚上忙吗?)
今晚你能和我约会吗?
Do you want to go out with me tonight? *go out并不一定就是“约会”,但是如果go out的后面直接跟with me的话,就一定是“约会”了。
Let's go out tonight. (今晚出去吧。)
If you're free, why don't we go out tonight?(要是晚上有空,我们出去走走行吗?)
愿意和我一起去看电影吗?
Would you like to go to the movies with me?
Would you like to go to the movies with me? (愿意和我一起去看电影吗?)
I'd love to. (当然,我很乐意。)
我们喝点茶什么的吧。
Let's have tea or something.
Let's have something to drink. (我们喝点什么吧。)
How about having a cup of tea?
能陪陪我吗?
Please keep me company for a while. *keep me company“和我在一起”、“交往”、“亲近”。
我想请你去看演出。
I'd like to invite you to a show.
Would you like to go to a show with me? (愿意和我一起去看演出吗?)
Let's walk hand in hand. *hand in hand
我还不想订婚。
I don't want to get engaged yet.
I don't think we should get engaged yet. (我觉得我们还不到该订婚的时候。)
我还不想结婚。
I don't want to get married yet.
I don't want to get married yet. (我还不想结婚。)
When will you be ready? (那你想什么时候呢?)
I'm not ready to settle down yet.
I'm not ready for married life yet.
结婚,我还没想过呢。
I haven't thought about marriage yet. *当对方问到
When are you going to get married? (你打算什么时候结婚)时的回答。
我爱你,可是不能和你结婚。
I love you but I can't marry you.
我还下不了决心和她结婚。
I hesitate to marry her. * hesitate“踌躇”、“没心思”、“犹豫”。
I hesitate to marry her. (我还下不了决心和她结婚。)
Why? (为什么呢?)
I'm not sure if I want to marry her.
I'm hesitant to marry her.
他刚刚结婚。
He's a newlywed. *newlywed“新婚的人”。
He looks very happy lately. (最近他看上去好幸福呀。)
He's a newlywed. (因为他刚刚结婚。)
He is newly married.
He just got married.
婚后生活怎么样?
How's (your) married life?
How's (your) married life? (婚后生活怎么样?)
Not bad. (不错哟。)
我们俩都感到很幸福。
We're happy together now.
我很爱我的妻子。
I love my wife.
我怀孕了。
I'm pregnant.
Guess what? I'm pregnant. (你猜怎么着,我怀孕了。)
Really? (真的吗?)
I'm going to have a baby.
I'm expecting.
怀的是男孩还是女孩?
What did she have?
What did she have? (怀的是男孩还是女孩?)
It's a girl. (是女孩。)
问题总会解决的。
We can work it out.
我首先想到的是我妻子。
I think of my wife first.
My wife is very important to me.
I'm very close to my wife.
我们夫妻从不吵架。
We (as a husband and a wife) don't have any fights.
拖家带口的人。
Family man.
●离婚
我们经常吵架。
We fight a lot.
Do you two fight? (你们吵架吗?)
Yes, we fight a lot. (嗯,我们常吵架。)
我不再爱我的妻子了。
I don't love my wife any more.
我老婆有外遇。
My wife's cheating on me. *cheat on...“在男女关系上表现的不忠”。
My wife's a two-timer.
My wife's secretly dating someone else.
My wife's having an affair.
我们感情不和。
We had a falling-out. *falling-out“感情不和”、“失和”。
We had a big disagreement. (我们之间意见分歧很大。)
We don't get along anymore. (我们再也不能在一起了。)
我已经改变心意了。
I've changed my mind.
I've reconsidered. (我想重新考虑。)
你变了。
You have changed.
You're not the same as before. (你和以前不一样了。)
你现在是不是和谁交往呢?
Are you seeing someone now?
Are you seeing someone now? (你现在是不是和谁交往呢?)
Actually, no. (没有,谁也没有。)
我和妻子没什么共同语言。
I don't see eye to eye with my wife. *see eye to eye with...“和……意见一致”。
How's married life? (婚后生活怎么样?)
I don't see eye to eye with my wife. (我和妻子没什么共同语言。)
我们俩合不来了。
We just don't get along.
我想我很了解你。
I thought I knew you.
我和我的秘书有了婚外情。
I had an affair with my secretary.
和你在一起没意思。
I don't enjoy being with you.
We don't have any fun anymore.
我们离婚吧。
Let's get divorced. *divorce“离婚”。
I don't love you anymore. (我不再爱你了。)
Let's get divorced. (我们离婚吧。)
现在我和我妻子分居了。
I'm separated from my wife. *separate“夫妻分居”。
We are living separately now.
我不能失去你。
I can't get over losing you. *get over“(从疾病、痛苦中)恢复,重新站起”。
I can't recover from breaking up with you. (我无法接受和你的分手。)
I can't forget you. (我无法忘记你。)
和你分手是我最大的痛苦。
Breaking up is hard to do. *break up“朋友、夫妻间的分手”。
make up (和好,言归于好)
请不要伤我的心。
Don't break my heart. *break one's heart“使……万分痛苦,让对方因失恋而痛苦”。
I want to break up. (我想和你分手。)
Don't break my heart. (请不要伤我的心。)
Don't make me sad.
我们争论了好几个小时。
We argued for hours. *argue“是用理论来说服对方”或“各自坚持自己的主张而争论不休“。