分类: 信息化
2014-09-17 16:32:38
Paul: I need to go to the bank.
保罗:我得去趟银行。
Jenny: But they're all closed today.
珍妮:可是今天银行都关门了。
Paul: Closed? Are you kidding? What is it, some kind of holiday today?
保罗:关门?你开玩笑吗?今天是什么日子,节假日吗?
Jenny: Have you already forgotten? What's the date today?
珍妮:你忘了吗?今天是几号?
Paul: It's... Oh, it's the first of April. April Fool's Day!
保罗:今天…哦,今天是四月一日。愚人节!
Jenny: You forgot all about it, didn't you?
珍妮:你全忘了吧?
Paul: Sort of, but it has reminded me of at least one thing I need to remember.
保罗:有点儿吧,但是它至少提醒了一件我应该记得的事情。
Jenny: What's that?
珍妮:什么事?
Paul: Tomorrow is my wife's birthday.
保罗:明天是我妻子的生日。
Jenny: Better not forget that, she'll kill you if you don't get her something. It's pretty strange that your wife's birthday
changes every year. Why is that?
珍妮:最好没忘,要是你没有送她礼物,她会杀了你的。你妻子的生日每年都在变,好奇怪啊。为什么呢?
Paul: My wife is a Chinese. She celebrates her birthday according to the lunar calendar.
保罗:我妻子是中国人,她按阴历过生日。
Jenny: Ah, I got it.
珍妮:啊,我明白了。
Paul: It's quite exotic for me to celebrate a birthday according to the lunar calendar. It's so different than our culture. I
guess that makes life interesting to have different cultures come together and coexist.
保罗:对我来说按阴历过生日别有一番异国情调。这跟我们的文化太不同了。我想不同文化一起并存会让生活比较有意思。
摘自: